The Finance Committee consists of nine Members. The terms of reference are:
- Develop mid-term financial strategy over the course of the Council to align to the quantitative and qualitative strategy developed by the full Council.
- Review monthly Management Information and assess performance of Council assets and financial health.
- Review any financial items (expenditure over £25k) that are to be presented to the Council. All proposals to consider cost and benefit implications
- Approve the annual recommendations for fees and charges increases to ensure fit into the overall financial plan.
- Review of significant transactions incurred in the month.
- Annual review of the investment policy for financial assets and effectiveness of any borrowing.
- Provide scrutiny of, and support when appropriate, for the completion of the External/Internal Audit.
- Review and recommend the annual budget prior to presentation at the Council.
- To recommend the fees and charges for the use and letting of Council managed properties.
- To consider the Council's staffing structure where it specifically has a significant financial impact.
The members of the Committee are:
Councillor Qaser Chaudhry
Councillor Alan Bacon
Councillor Noel Brown
Councillor Peter Hudson
Councillor David MacBean
Councillor Joseph Baum
Councillor Mark Shaw
Councillor Fred Wilson
Councillor Peter Yerrell
Download the 2019 papers
16th December 2019
Agenda and Reports (PDF, 1 MB) )
Minutes (PDF, 342 KB)
21st October 2019
Agenda and Reports (PDF, 622 KB) )
Minutes (PDF, 815 KB)
22nd July 2019
Agenda and Reports Part 1 (PDF, 5.8 MB)
Agenda and Reports Part 2 (PDF, 7.7 MB)
Minutes (PDF, 548 KB)
29th April 2019
Agenda and Reports (PDF, 5.1 MB)
Minutes (PDF, 763 KB)
7th January 2019
Agenda and Reports (PDF, 531 KB)
Minutes (PDF, 445 KB)
4th March 2019
Agenda and Reports (PDF, 837 KB)
Minutes (PDF, 697KB)
Download the 2018 Papers
Download the 2017 Papers