Sewage Works Are On Target
We've had an update from Thames Water about their on-going improvement works to Chesham Sewage Treatment Works:
- They are making good progress in preparing the site ready for the electrical installations
- Excavation work has been carried out and concrete bases laid in preparation for the new kiosks and electrical panels
- The tank cleaning is well underway and on-going
- Removal of old, redundant equipment is well underway and on-going
- New process equipment has been installed in the tanks and is performing extremely well
- They are planning to install further equipment shortly
Thames Water is on target to complete the improvement works in March 2018. Their working hours are Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 5pm.
There is not expected to be any increase in odour while the work is being carried out, but there may be an increase in noise and vehicle movements, although they will attempt to keep disruption to a minimum.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do contact Thames Water on 0800 316 9800, selecting option two and quote reference number BB970397.
Published: 27 October 2017
Related Categories »